HomeAboutContact

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thinking Maps

Hi All! I know it's been a couple of months since my last post. This pregnancy has been very DRAINING! Unfortunately,  I have no pictures to share of the crafts my students made this year. Instead, I will be sharing pictures of some of the thinking maps my colleagues and I have created.


Here is a bubble map we made after reading a decodable reader about the US Flag. 

Here is a bubble map we made for Rose Robot. It is one of our main selection stories for Treasures.




This one goes with a main selection for Treasures.


We've made a few Bridge Maps to find rhyming words from our weekly spelling list. 


Every week we also make a Tree Map to sort our words.


We've also made brace maps to show the parts in compound words as well as contractions. 
We have also made circle maps to make lists of words that contain the sound of the week.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Ibarra,

    I'm curious about where you got the materials for the compound words and short u word sort. These are great thinking maps, and I think I would really like to build them into my rotations. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The compound word pictures are from this website Kizclub. http://kizclub.com/word.htm

    The pictures I used for the short u word sort are from our Reading program. We have a teacher resource book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just gave me some really great ideas. Thank you so much for sharing these and all of your hard work. I am your newest follower and am ready to explore your wonderful blog. I would love for you to come follow me and grab TONS of *freebies*!

    ReplyDelete